Let’s Encrypt is now available for all Server Room customers. This adds free ssl certificates and enables clients to run their webpages in ssl mode without purchasing a certificate.
The key principles behind Let’s Encrypt are:
- Free: Anyone who owns a domain name can use Let’s Encrypt to obtain a trusted certificate at zero cost.
- Automatic: Software running on a web server can interact with Let’s Encrypt to painlessly obtain a certificate, securely configure it for use, and automatically take care of renewal.
- Secure: Let’s Encrypt will serve as a platform for advancing TLS security best practices, both on the CA side and by helping site operators properly secure their servers.
- Transparent: All certificates issued or revoked will be publicly recorded and available for anyone to inspect.
- Open: The automatic issuance and renewal protocol will be published as an open standard that others can adopt.
- Cooperative: Much like the underlying Internet protocols themselves, Let’s Encrypt is a joint effort to benefit the community, beyond the control of any one organisation.
Let’s Encrypt Logo
You can find more information about Let’s Encrypt on their website
Using Let’s Encrypt
To enable please either contact us or login to the administration panel. Then choose “sites”. Next select the website that you wish to turn on ssl. Finally turn check the “Let’s Encrypt SSL” option.